Middle East, Somalia
Expectorant, Immuno-stimulant, and Antidepressant
Frankincense Essential Oil is known as olibanum, or Oil from Lebanon the name frankincense is derived from the Medieval French word for real incense. Frankincense essential oil is considered the holy anointing oil in the Middle East and has been used in religious ceremonies for thousands of years. Used to treat every conceivable ill known to man, frankincense resins and essential oil was valued more than gold during ancient times, and only those with great wealth and abundance possessed it. Researchers today have discovered that frankincense essential oil contains sesquiterpenes, which helps stimulate the limbic system of the brain (the center of emotions) as well as the hypothalamus, pineal and pituitary glands. The hypothalamus is the master gland of the human body, controlling the release of many hormones including thyroid and growth hormone, Frankincense essential oil is now being researched and used therapeutically in European hospitals and is being investigated for its ability to improve human growth hormone production.
Asthma, depression, and ulcers. High in sesquiterpenes, it is stimulating and elevating to the mind and helps in overcoming stress and despair, as well as supporting the immune system. This oil may help with allergies, bites (insect and snake), bronchitis, cancer, respiratory infections, diphtheria, headaches, hemorrhaging, herpes, high blood pressure, inflammation, stress, tonsillitis, typhoid, and warts.
Diffuse or apply topically.
Note: It contains sesquiterpenes, enabling it to go beyond the blood brain barrier. It increases the activity of leukocytes in defense of the body against infection.
USES FOR FRANKINCENSE ESSENTIAL OIL
1. To help reduce swelling and irritation of an insect bite, place a drop of Frankincense essential oil on location.
2. Dilute 50% Frankincense essential oil with 50% carrier oil and apply to blistered areas, three times daily as needed.
3. To help improve concentration, apply 1-2 drops of Frankincense essential oil to the temple areas and back of the neck.
4. Apply 2-3 drops of Frankincense essential oil at the base of nails, to strengthen weak or brittle nails.
5. Sore feet? Try massaging a blend of 50% Frankincense essential oil with 50% carrier oil on the soles of each foot at night.
6. Rub a couple drops of Frankincense essential oil on stretch marks twice a day.
7. Trouble sleeping? Apply 1-3 drops of Frankincense essential oil to the shoulders, stomach and soles of feet.
8. To help strengthen the immunity system, apply 1-3 drops of Frankincense essential oil to each foot.